Enjoy a memorable week exploring the highlights of a mystical and undiscovered mountain kingdom on this Bhutan cycling tour. Set off on a bicycle adventure from the historic and sacred town of Paro through one of Asia’s most intriguing, isolated, and visually stunning destinations: The Kingdom of Bhutan.
Mountain biking is popular with Bhutanese and expats alike.
Cycle the winding roads and watch the snowy peaks rise above the faint gorges covered with lush green forests. Bhutan lends to the crazy cyclists, a contrasting terrain that adds on to the cycling thrill. The smooth roads soon change to rocky dirt trails. Cycling past Bhutan is extremely exhilarating as once you reach a new high; you are suddenly hit by nerve-wracking drops of thousand meters. The sudden shift in the typography is something worth experiencing.
- DAY 1: Arrive at Paro International Airport. Transfer to our hotel for check in. Visit the Paro Museum, and one of the major Dzongs (fortresses). Dinner and overnight in Paro.
- DAY 2: After a morning transfer to Thimphu ride in the afternoon to Dodina and visit two monasteries set back high amongst the mountains. Dinner and overnight in Thimphu.
- DAY 3: Today will be a major hill challenge to the pass at Dochula, which is known for its spiritual energy and 108 Chortens that are atop the pass. After lunch descend down the pass through pristine forest.
- DAY 4: Today’s ride is an enjoyable out and back ride passing through lush forests which are famous for their rhododendron trees, and an area well known for its birdlife and wild orchids.
- DAY 5: Explore Punakha valley, the Punakha Dzong, one of the most impressive Dzongs (fortresses) in Bhutan and the temple of Chhimi Lhakhang.
- DAY 6: We leave Punakha early for the drive back to Paro and visit the Tiger’s Nest (Taktsang Monastery), a highlight of the tour.
- DAY 7: Breakfast at the hotel. Tour concludes and we transfer you to the airport for onward travel.
- Bike Rental: Yes, Bike needs to be rented.
- Level of difficulty (4 out off 5) : The altitude range from 1900m, hilly but it is worth to enjoy the scenery. Total descent 3 585m. We make water stop (every 20 to 30km). Route map is available upon request.
- Support: Fully supported van including spare part, cool box and back up service.
- Staff: Groups of 8 or more, a Cycling Tour Leader, plus English-speaking cycling guide, drivers and assistants. Groups below 5 will be led by our local guide and our local support team.
It is our goal and commitment to make you visit to Bhutan most memorable and enjoyable by providing our heartfelt outstanding service. We look forward to serving you as your host and friend in Bhutan.
Mrs. Tirtha Gurung, CEO
A Way to Bhutan Tours & Travels
Post Box: 323
Contact No: +975-17740117/ 17608125
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com